Tuesday, February 17, 2009

and the word of the day is...

PRODROMAL: a premonitory symptom. Something that indicates something is going to happen...eventually...in the future....could be hours, days, weeks........and when applied to labor (also called pre-labor) 'cabin fever' also applies...or patience, waiting, annoyance...or faith, trust, warm-up...

This is what I am in right now - prodromal labor or pre-labor. It used to be called 'false labor' but there is nothing 'false' about it! Getting mild to moderate contractions throughout the day, for a week or more at a time, wondering 'is this it?' or 'am I going to be pregnant for ever?'

Of course, I am only just barely at 39 weeks, so there should not be any rush really... God knows the last pregnancy was so short and we made it thus far...and God never stops trying to teach me patience... 'Tis my lot in life! God also knows I have not patience for cooking potatoes or rice. Pregnancy is just another thing for which I must learn patience!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr


Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.

Proverbs 3, 5-6