Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Local Food for Brevard County, FL!

This is only a short list! I am finding new places every day. I live in Central Brevard County (Florida), so many of these places are "close" to me. If you have any other favorite places, let me know and I will include them in a part two:

Local Harvest (search engine for local farms, farmers' markets, grocery stores, etc.)
The Green Marketplace at Adamson Road, Cocoa, FL and NatureWise (they sell produce, goat milk products, Florida native plants, etc.)
The Heart of Christmas Farm in Christmas, FL (they sell RAW goat milk and products, and hydroponically grown produce to organic standards)
Greens and Things Delivered (a deliver-organic-produce-to-your-door service for Brevard and Indian River Counties and my new favorite!)
Brevard County Farmers' Markets (a bit of everything different days of the week)

I highly recommend these places. I have visited them or used them in the past and continue to get high quality, great tasting food from them (when I can get out of the house with my 3 yr old and 8 week old! and have some cash ;o)

I also recommend signing up for their emails or newsletters as they can give you updated info every week or month. These are all great people providing awesome food for reasonable prices.

SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS!! It is how we, as a people, a culture, a community, are going to survive.